Our MIRC ethnic-led collaborative program has moved to the Root Cellar and we are looking for volunteers to help us package the hot meals into individual portions to make them ready for delivery to the five hotels we are currently serving.
This work happens daily, Monday thru Friday from 4:15 pm to 6:15 pm, and Saturday from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. We need at least 5 individuals each day. Please feel free to join us even if slots are filled for a day.
Please keep in mind the following:
- You must have your own transportation to and from the Root Cellar at 94 Washington Ave, Portland. Please park in the Root Cellar’s lower level parking lot, off Monroe Street.
- We have disposable gloves and masks for volunteers. You are most welcome to bring your own apron or we can provide one.
- Be advised, that social distancing is not always possible in this scenario and you should understand that risk.
- Please do not arrive if you are not feeling well, have COVID symptoms, or are considered a close contact of someone positive for COVID-19. Time-slots can be canceled at any time, but if you cancel within 24 hours of your sign-up time, please call or text Madeleine Saucier at 207-350-9799.
- We are also looking for one person who can be available Monday morning to pick up food supplies for this program and deliver them to the Root Cellar.
Thank you again for your willingness to lend a helping hand. Let us know if you have any questions and be well!
Note: This role involves lifting 40 lb cases of frozen chicken. Additionally, we are always looking for volunteer drivers to pick up meals at the Root Cellar nightly and deliver them to one or several hotels. If you are interested in helping out in this way, please contact Madeleine at the number above to discuss the details.